Sunday, March 25, 2012

Introducing Ruby!



Introducing Ruby!
Our sweet new beagle puppy.
DOB: 1/16/12
Mother's name: Lola

Aquiring Ruby....
On Friday March 2nd I was working on my computer on an upcoming fundrasier I organized for a family in my ward. Bryan was working in his office and he came out and was excited, he asked me if I wanted a dog. I laughed and said what kind and he answered a beagle. He began to explain to me that he had just gotten off of the phone with his mom, he explained that his mom had been visting the shelter looking for a family dog since their dog had recently passed away. I think it was give or take 6 weeks ago while browsing the shelter in Castaic she came across two beagles that were just brought in. One male and one female...that was pregnant and due to have her puppies in about 3-4 weeks. A volunteer at the shelter explained that they had just came in and she was going to take home the pregnant beagle and foster her and the puppies until they found homes. Originally my mother-in-law I think was interested in adopting the male that was brought in. In her words he was beautiful and friendly but he was adopted fast. The volunteer that fostered the mom and her soon to be puppies gave my mother in law her phone number or vise versa and if she was interedted in adopting a puppy she'd call when the puppies were born.
Fast forward.... the puppies were born and were ready to be shown. My mother in law was telling Bryan about this and was sharing with him the idea of adopting one for herself and now we are back to where I started, I was working on my computer on a fundraiser..etc..
Bryan and I agreed to think about it...we didn't have much time to think about it but with careful research, pros and cons of dog ownership, our gut feeling (ok my gut feeling)..we decided to go for it. Why not? We were given this amazing opportunity to own a healthy purebred beagle for a small adoption fee.
Two days later my father and mother in law went to the foster mother's home and picked out, per our request, a girl for us and they picked out a boy for themselves. My father in law did a great job picking out our Ruby because she is one sweet, calm, loving and affectionate little pup. She fits in with our family so well.
We kept it a suprise from the kids, it was a LONG week! Bryan and I visited with Ruby a few days before whe could be taken home and we instantly fell in love.

I'll post the video we took of the big suprise for our sweet little ones in my next post but so far Ruby has brought so much joy to our family and she fits in so well. The kids adore her and boy were they suprised when we gave them to her. We love having our Ruby girl and look forward to many years with our new little family member.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you goy a puppy. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby is adorable! Glad it's going well with your new addition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I found your blog! How cute is she!!!!! I can't wait for our own puppy. I'll be picking your brain for advice when we finally take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen!! Pick away when you are ready!! :)

    ReplyDelete