Monday, April 16, 2012

Ruby Update


Ruby turns 13 weeks today..( I think its 13 it may be 14 ) but she is doing great! I believe we go to the vet towards the end of the week for her second go around of shots. I talked to her vet at her last appointment and asked if it was ok to take her on a few walks around our neighborhood to get her outside more and to burn some of her energy, he gave me the green light so we have been enjoying some short walks around our neighborhood. Those walks have turned into the highlight of my day and Brody's day too. The other day we saw turtles at our lake and lots of fish swimming around in the lake. The mornings have been absolutely gorgeous out by the lake. Ruby thinks EVERYONE is her best friend...even the ducks that waddle around the lake. I don't let her near them but you can tell that she annoys them every time we walk by. Ruby is almost there with potty training! Yay! The other day she had an accident but in all fairness it was my fault. She alerted me at the back door and I was distracted so a few minutes later she pee peed in front of the back door. Totally my fault, but I'm so proud of her progress thus far. I can't believe how lucky we are, she is so sweet and smart. We sure love our Ru!
Above is a picture of Ruby's first time fishing at the lake by our house. Brooke had a few bites but the darn fish were sneaky and took her bait. Bryan caught one and let Brody hold the pole while he reeled it in. Brody was so excited but refused to stand next to his catch longer than 4 seconds to let me snap up a good picture, hopefully next time we can convince him!

Enjoy my marathon of posts below....

1 comment: