Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Fun!!

Summer so far has been so good to us and SO much fun! In the last two weeks we've gone fishing, swimming and a trip to Bass Pro Shop. We've went to two movies and went to a magic show (I was picked to go up as a volunteer). We collected the first two prizes today from the Summer Reading Program that is put on by our Library. Brooke picked a jump rope and a slinky and Brody picked a ball and a blow up flower thing. They both are well on their way towards earning a free book upon completion of the program. Brooke also completed a reading worksheet sent home from her teacher in correlation with Barnes and Noble and earned a free book! She picked out a book about Dolphins. I'm so proud of her. I bought a 2nd grade workbook at Costco before school ended and she has been such a superstar completing 5 pages of work a day. I usually pull out 2 reading worksheets, 1 spelling and 1 math. Each worksheet is double sided so that's 10 pages a day! It has challenging for both of us at times especially the first week but this week its been great. I'm very proud of her. The heat, I think has been very mild so far. Today we hit 111 degrees and I think the triple digits are here to stay. Better in June than early May like last year!

1 comment:

  1. I used to LOVE the summer reading program at the library! Cool prizes and endless excuses to go to the library. Sweet deal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete