Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"I Don't Have a Prince!"




The main purpose for our trip to San Francisco was to attend my brothers wedding. Brooke was the flower girl and Bryan a groomsman. Brooke was the most adorable flower girl I've ever seen. There are so many fun memories that I will never forget about our short trip to the bay area like..being "frisked" at the airport by security, slow dancing with my Uncle Jim, watching my uncles, cousins, my dad dance and joining in on the fun, fish-n-chips on the warf..etc. I will remember all of those fondly but the one memory I will hang on to involves my firstborn.. Brooke.
So for the last, I don't know, 6 months Brooke has been talking nonstop about being the flower girl at Uncle "Mac's" wedding. Then it slowly turned into "I'm going to be a princess at Uncle Mac's wedding." Weeks before it was "I'm going to be the most beautiful princess at the wedding and I'm going to marry a prince..Mommy who is going to be my prince? I NEED a prince"
Brooke you are too young to need a prince. You are not the one getting married- I'd reply.
"Oh. Can i marry daddy?"
No Brooke. I'm married to your dad.
"Oh. Well I'm not going to get married unless I marry a price."
Ok Brooke.
~while driving to the ceremony~
"I still don't know who I'm going to marry!"
Brooke you are the FLOWER GIRL. PATTY is getting married to your Uncle Mac. OKAY?
"Oh. Well I'm not going to get married unless I marry a prince."
Thats a great idea Brooke, don't rush finding that prince.
"Ok"

So she waltzes down the isle, I'm beaming..she was perfect. About 1/2 way through the ceremony she starts balling. Im thinking, what is going on? She's fearless...maybe she's not feeling well? I call her over to me...
Whats wrong Brooke, why are you crying?
her response.......

"I don't have a prince!!!!!" cries hysterically.

My Brooke thought SHE was getting married and when NO prince was there to greet her on the other end of the isle..she started balling and was totally heartbroken.

I LOVE THAT GIRL...

6 comments:

  1. awwww so sweet! she'll find her prince one (very far away) day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! What a sweetheart. That is just too cute. Poor girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is too funny! What a great story! You're going to have to retell that when it really is her wedding!! I hope she does find her prince someday... in like 20 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this. What a sweet animated little girl. How fun is this!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a story you have to remember forever. So presh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet girl! her prince will come... someday... far into the future! :)

    ReplyDelete