Friday, December 3, 2010

Lucky Number 8....











Bryan and I have been married now for 8 years, we've moved 7 times to 7 different rentals with the exception of one, we lived with my parents for a little over a year while Bryan finished up school in the second year of our marriage ( yes that was way embarrassing and yes we were made fun of a lot but it was one of the best decisions ever ).
Lucky number 8, our 8th move, is so special because its our first home...our first home purchase, we are property virgins no more...as soon as escrow closes which is set for January 31st.
Our new home was built in 2010, 4 bedrooms plus loft, 2 and 1/2 baths, 2190 sq. ft. I believe it truly is the perfect house for our family and it was waiting for us because it was the last new house on the street to sell. I love the surrounding green belts and trees, catch and release lake and the park 6 houses down from the house. I also love the fact that our neighborhood or housing community is front yard grass only..I'm not a fan of the dessert look at all which is common in some other surrounding neighborhoods and communities. We are so excited to settle down and plant our "roots" in Arizona. Arizona really is quite beautiful and green to my complete surprise. Our city and neighborhood instantly reminded me so much of our hometown of Santa Clarita California.
Brooke has already requested her room be pink...I'm hoping to talk Bryan into a new dining room table that will seat more than just us four...and the backyard is dirt for now and will be a fun project to work on...I cannot wait to pack up and make our new house our home.
So cheers to hopefully a headache free escrow!

6 comments:

  1. Your home is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! It must be sooo exciting to finally have a place to call your own. I'm definitely looking forward to when I can have that moment, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Looks and sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house Andrea! The kitchen is so nice and you will love preparing your meals on the island!! Such a great house for your beautiful family! Can't wait to come visit you, and Brooke's room being pink will be great! You can do Brody's a nice blue color!
    You guys deserve your first home, you have sacrificed and now it has payed off!
    Love ya all xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous house! I love that your kitchen looks so spacious, and it really does seem perfect for your little family. :) I hope all goes well for escrow, although I didn't realize that you guys are in Arizona now!? My former roommate got married in the Mesa temple at the end of May, and it was already in the 100s... I hope you guys have a good air conditioning system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chloe and Megan! :o)

    Yes we should be fine..the house has 2 brand new AC's so we should be set! Good thing we move in the winter time, I'm sure our first summer will be quite an adjustment..but after living in Utah I'll take the heat any day over the snow! ;0)

    ReplyDelete