Friday, July 1, 2011

Homemade Ice-Cream


Want some?
Last week the doorbell rang and I hear footsteps running down the stairs...nope it was not from my two monsters... it was Bryan. I knew right away that it was UPS delivering some new toy for Bryan. Bryan rushes to the kitchen and has me guess what was inside and it was....the ice-cream maker attachment for my kitchen-aid! Fun!! So we made ice-cream. It was almost a 3-5 day process between freezing the attachment and buying ingredients but the end result was a dream! We made cookies and cream ice-cream and it was incredible. At first (see photo above) the consistency was like that of a think milkshake but after we poured it in some Rubbermaid containers and let it freeze in the freezer it was the creamiest most delicious ice-cream ever! Next time we are going to try to make sorbet! Thank you Bryan for surprising me with a new kitchen toy! xoxoxo!

5 comments:

  1. Um, YUM! Sounds delicious and super fun! Husbands are definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that sounds HEAVENLY! Although I'd probably gain like 50 pounds because I'd be making and eating homemade ice cream ALL THE TIME. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister got one of those. I think she said she made raspberry sorbet or sherbet

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister got one of those. I think she said she made raspberry sorbet or sherbet.

    ReplyDelete