Monday, June 11, 2012

Last Day of Kindergarten

A few weeks ago Brooke had her last day of Kindergarten. I took a bunch of cute pictures and after I uploaded them on my computer I realized that I really need to take the time and read my user's manual for my camera. My pictures either come out way too dark or way too bright. Luckily I took one picture with my phone. I'm in shock over the fact that my sweet little girl is now a 1st grader...a 1st grader!! Where did my little kindergartener go?! Bryan went with us to drop her off on her last day of school. I totally cried as I watched her line up after the bell and disappear into the hallway of her school. I was able to leave Brody with Bryan so I could go to her end of their year class party. During the party the kids had one last special visit from their 6th grade buddies who were moving on to Junior High. I tried so hard to hide my tears but I couldn't help it, I tried hiding them with a smile and that worked for a few minutes. I'm such a wimp! Anyways the party was fun. A part of me is happy and somewhat relieved that Kindergarten is over, we survived the first year and that "mystery" of school is over. I remember a year ago stressing with worry about sending off my baby to school. I feel so much more prepared for the upcoming school year and what to expect. Brooke can't wait for the school year to begin again, she loves school so much. I'm so proud of her and I know she will enjoy being a 1st grader next year and I'm excited to hear all about the new things she learns everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment