Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ruby Update

It's been forever since my last Ruby update. I missed her last update at her previous vet appointment, my sweet girl was sick so blogging was not the priority at that moment. Today Ruby had her VERY last vet appointment (for the next 6 months that is). She weighed in at a whopping 17.2 pounds. Today she had her "big girl" vaccinations. Ruby did great and was so excited to see everyone at the doctor's office. They love on her so much. The nurse asked me if she could take her in their back room to visit and play with everyone while I waited in the patient room for the doctor. She said everyone was excited to see her on the list of patients today. She was gone a good 10 minutes but it made me smile to hear everyone back there talking and playing with her. I laughed a bit while I was sitting by myself in the room waiting for the doctor because I remember being in the same position with my children when they were just babies. The nurses always took them to visit because they were so overly friendly and pretty darn adorable at all of their well check appointments. Yes, I know Ruby is just a dog but it just made me realize how lucky we are to have Ruby as our family pet, she really is such a sweetheart and fits in with us so well. Ruby is 100 % potty trained. Yay! She still gets into trouble sometimes (she's still a puppy) and we are working on teaching her not to jump up on people when she sees them or plays. She has a bad habit of running behind our couch (I can't stand it) hopefully she will fatten up some more and won't be able to fit behind there anymore. Ruby has this adorable new thing that she does. Along with wagging her tail when she meets new friends or is excited to see someone or us she will wiggle her little bum back and forth pretty dramatically. It's hilarious! She also has this squeaky monkey that she chews on and she will "sing/howl" with it when she chews it. It's a crack-up. Ruby channels Snoopy with her sleeping positions and snoring (which is REALLY loud). We sure love our Ruby so much, even when she decides to play in the mud and require an emergency bath at the most stressful time of the day for me. Enjoy the picture I took of her above with my phone while at the vet today. I'm really sad her dark widow's peak has disappeared and has gone all blonde above her eyes. It must be the Arizona sun or something because I'm noticing Brooke's hair become lighter as well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Toby's dark hairline receded too. It must be a beagle thing like dalmations who are born white and get their spots later.

    ReplyDelete