Friday, January 14, 2011

Dig It!




Yesterday while watching the KTLA morning news, I saw a segment about this new place for kids called Dig It. It's located at the Valencia Town Center Patios. Kids can go on three different adventures and learn all about rocks and minerals and lots of other fun stuff.
I took a mental note of it but really had no intentions on jumping out the door and going. The weather was gorgeous today and I decided to take the kids to explore the patios at the Mall and just hang out and enjoy the sun. Well sure enough we ended up right in front of Dig It. It looked kinda quiet so I decided to go in and explore a bit. At 10 dollars an adventure I thought why not Brooke was already begging to go dig up some fossils and pretty rocks.
We spent well over an hour there before it was time for lunch and it was worth every single penny! She had a blast, picked out an awesome amethyst rock that she dug up herself to take home which was part of the 10 dollars. Brooke even used some "power tools" to polish up her treasured find.
This place is awesome and I fully intend on taking her back!!

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I didn't realize you guys were still hanging out in Santa Clarita! It's good to note that there's fun things to do at that place for when I have kids in the future!

    ReplyDelete