Monday, January 31, 2011

My Birthday Princess


Yesterday we celebrated Brooke's birthday with our families. My sweet girl turns 5 a week from today and with our upcoming move this coming weekend I'm not sure I'll be able to do a blog post on her birthday. I hope I can but we will see so just in case here goes...
I can't believe my firstborn is turning 5. It can't be. It seems like yesterday she was born, my healthy 7 pound 7 ounces 19 3/4" long baby girl that was born on 2/7/06 at 4:37pm. Yes I remember everything, how could I not? I was so happy she was here, healthy and safe. Can it be that she will start kindergarten in September? Time is flying by way too fast for me and I wish it would just slow down.
Brooke loves anything pink, princess, and sparkly. She's my girly girl. She was elated with all of her birthday gifts which mostly consisted of Barbies, Disney Princess things (mostly Ariel from The Little Mermaid her favorite), her first bicycle (Princess of course) and a pink princess portable DVD player. When I ask her what is her favorite birthday present she replies with an excited "All of them!"
My sweet girl was so thankful for her little party and kept thanking me all day for making her "beautiful pink princess cake."
Brooke your mom and dad love you so very much. We are so proud of the smart, witty and beautiful little girl you have become. You have the most outgoing personality of any other person I have yet to meet. Though I'm excited to see what choices you make and the strong woman you will blossom into I pray these next five years will come a bit slower...ok a lot slower.
I love you my Brooke Claire! Happy 5th Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you wrote that post with so much love. It is amazing how quickly times flies, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's so darling. I loved reading this. It really is amazing how time flies. Happy early birthday, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Brooke! Is she really already old enough to go into kindergarten next year?! She is such a sweetheart, you lucked out to have such a beautiful little girl, and she lucked out having such loving parents!!

    ReplyDelete