Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I stumbled upon this recipe online (not from pinterest, crazy I know!) and I had to try it out. I've yet to try out a basic recipe for red chicken tortilla soup. The rain we had on Saturday continued into Monday...it poured the entire day and to me it was the perfect day to try it out. It turned out AWESOME! My picky little eaters ate up this soup faster than anything and Bryan and I very much enjoyed it as well. I paired it with cornbread and fruit. Best part about this recipe its made in the crock pot, not expensive at all, and makes a ton of leftovers! Enjoy! 1 rotisserie chicken shredded (or any other type of cooked chicken shredded) 1 can whole tomatoes 1 can red enchilada sauce 1 can of corn 1 4oz can of green chilies 2 cups of water 1 cup of chicken stock 1 onion chopped 2 garlic cloves chopped 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon red chili powder 1 bay leaf 1 avocado,shredded cheese, and tortilla chips for garnish Toss everything into your crock pot except the avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. This soup is so yummy! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment