Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Pallet Project

Months and months and months ago I pinned a pallet art piece on Pinterest. I wanted it. I really, really, really wanted it but it was expensive, very expensive. Fast forward, Bryan bought me a silhouette cameo before the school year ended and I've been practicing with it a ton with little crafts here and there. This summer, while I was visiting my parents in CA, I showed my dad my pallet art piece pin on pinterest. He said he could make one up just like it and of course I jumped on the opportunity. We went to Lowes and bought the wood and he showed me step by step how to make it. It turned out perfect and I was so anxious to get home and start prettying it up. This pallet was a beast. It took me forever to paint it and sand it. Then Wheel of Fortune happened and I had to put it on hold while I studied my brains out. I came home from Wheel and settled back into normal life and last Friday while the kids were at school I tacked the rest of it. This was a huge project that took me hours and hours but in the end I'm completely in love with it. It turned out exactly like what I had originally pinned on pinterest. Thank you Dad so so so much for taking the time to put the pallet together for me!

1 comment: