Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Brooke's First Talk in Primary



On Sunday, May 30th,

My sweet little Sunbeam gave her very first talk in Primary! It was so hard holding back my tears of joy while I stood up there helping her. She did such a great job and spoke loudly and clearly into the microphone. We are so proud of you Brooke!!

Here is her talk...

I have a baby brother, Brody, and that makes me his big sister. Brody always wants to play with me and my toys. Sometimes Brody takes my toys when I'm playing with them. I would get mad because I don't like him putting my toys in his mouth. That's gross. So I would take my toys away from him and he would cry. I didn't want to make my little brother cry but I don't want my toys yucky. My mom told me that to be a good big sister, I need to be nice to Brody. My mom asked how I feel when I take away toys from Brody and he cries. I told her that I feel sad because I love my baby brother and I don't want him to cry. Now when Brody takes one of my toys and tries to eat it, I find one of his toys and give it to him and then take my toy away. He doesn't cry because he has his toy and he gets to chew on those. Being nice to my brother makes me feel good and it makes everyone happy when he doesn't cry.

When we do something wrong, it always hurts us and often hurts others. We need to learn how to be good so we can be happy. Heavenly Father loves us. He wants us to be happy. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to make it possible for us to repent. Through His Atonement, Jesus paid the price for our sins so that we can repent and be forgiven.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me view your blog Andrea! It's so fun to keep up with everyone, and I am already loving reading about all the fun stuff you're doing up in UT! Brooke's talk was so cute! I'm sure it's so special to see your children bearing their testimony of principles of the Gospel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelsi and Megan!
    I agree it is so much fun to stay connected with everyone. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just too cute! What a sweet little talk. I always love hearing the stories and testimonies of little ones and their soft sweet spirits!
    I definitely love this blog thing and staying connected. Much fun!

    ReplyDelete