Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Do I look like a girl?

When my Brooke was about 9 months old Bryan and I went to look at some apartments. While we were giving the leasing agent our information she said to us...
" HE is so cute! What a adorable baby BOY!"
Excuse me? Brooke was dressed head to toe in pink, and had a bright pink flower headband on rhinestone and all. I said nicely, "SHE is a girl." To which she said something about it being hard to tell at such a young age. I thought ok whatever this girl is a moron.
So today I had to run some errands and Brooke wanted to stay home. Bryan works from home so after checking in with him that it was alright, Brody and I set off to Wal-mart and Costco. While paying for our items at Wal-mart the check out girl said (with such enthusiastic expression) "Awe! SHE is SO cute! How old is SHE?"
WHAT?
Brody was wearing a blue super hero t-shirt with a lightening bolt that read "super duper" and camo cargo shorts and I spiked what little hair he has on his giant melon of a head.
I reply... "HE is a boy."
So what do you think she said next?
"Oh, he looks like a girl."
I wanted to slap her but of course I faked a laugh and a 1/2 smile and walked away reassuring my 9 month old baby boy that he does not look like a girl.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, some people! Brooke is an adorable little girl, and Brody one handsome boy! I think they definitely look the way their supposed to. There's no way Brody looks like a girl; the woman had to be blind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I admit that sometimes when newborn babies are dressed in neutral colors, it can be difficult to know if they're a boy or girl... but Brody is no newborn! He's a handsome little guy! Plus if he has clearly "boy" clothes on, how much more clear could you be? *sigh* I'm sorry for people's silliness....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha That's so funny! Made me laugh! Wait until they go to school and the teacher tells you they talk too much or something. It breaks your heart to think that the teacher doesn't see your child as being perfect the way you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!!! What a weirdo!! I couldn't believe it, I totally get it if a baby is wearing yellow like you said Megan but come on!! She was totally blind. :0)

    ReplyDelete