Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oma and Opa


This week my parents came to visit us from California. Brooke was in heaven! Oma and Opa came ready to spoil their grandchildren! We had such a fun week. Our many fun day trips included a picnic at the Heritage Park, (the park we love and enjoyed over Memorial Day weekend) a trip to Salt Lake City at Temple Square, and of course the Peppermint Place in Alpine so my mom could get her chocolate fix. :0) Brooke and my mom were able to have their own slumber party every night, and Brooke was pretty much on a sugar high everyday this week. They left this morning and of course it was hard to hold back tears. As they pulled out of our driveway Brooke was trying so hard not to cry but her little lip started to tremble and then came the tears. My heart broke for her, it was hard to hold back my tears as well. Brooke is doing better now and keeps talking about our visit to Oma and Opa's house in 2 weeks....and then every month up to December. :0)

This was my favorite picture from this week, my dad (Opa) and Brody.


2 comments:

  1. It's always so nice to be around family; especially those you don't see too often! Poor little Brooke, how heartbreaking to see those little tears!

    I'm glad you guys were able to have a good time, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's so sweet that Brooke loves her grandparents so much! I know I sure love mine, and LOVE every time we get to see each other! And they don't even spoil me as much as they used to. ;) I hope you guys are able to see each other again soon!

    ReplyDelete