Saturday, December 10, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls



I snapped these picture with my phone so they are not the best, I need to be better at placing the camera in a handy area of the house closer to all the fun. I came across a recipe for homemade Cinnamon Rolls on Pinterest and really wanted to try it out. It claimed to be the best ever cinnamon roll recipe out there. They sounded so yummy and perfect for Christmas morning. So I decided to do a practice run before Christmas morning (to avoid a meltdown in the kitchen that day) and they came out fantastic!!! This was my very first time experimenting with homemade cinnamon rolls. Wow is all I have to say....I don't think I can ever buy that Pillsbury ready made cinnamon roll stuff ever again. There were tons of steps for this recipe and I started it at about 10 pm last night ( I didn't go to bed until 1 am and fall asleep until after 2 am because I was thinking about them). It was tons of work but well worth it. I think once I have the recipe down I'll be less intimidated and much faster at making them.
My favorite part this morning was spending time with my sweet girl. She immediately grabbed her little step stool and watched me with careful eyes almost like she was studying my every move. I love that I can create homemaking memories with her. I loved hearing "Wow Mom!" "Look at that Mom!" "Mom, are you sure thats enough sugar? I think it needs more." "Mom when I'm a Mommy someday I'm going to make Cinnamon rolls just like you."
Love her.

Enjoy the marathon of posts below...

2 comments:

  1. I must say, these look delicious! Also, I wanted to thank you for entering the giveaway on my blog and let you know you WON! I'm dead ser. You won the Lap of Luxury Cloche Hat! Send me an email with your details to pass along to Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, that is so sweet! What a great helper you have in Brookie! :0) Love all the updates! xoxo

    ReplyDelete