Sunday, May 6, 2012

All I Want For Christmas Is......

....my front tooth!!! Look who lost her front tooth! Here is how it happened. We were all at church and Brooke was snacking on crackers next to Oma. Brooke must have bitten into her cracker awkwardly because her tooth was literally knocked loose...so loose that it bleeding and my poor little drama queen became scared and worried. I took her to the bathroom where we cleaned it up and stopped the bleeding. After church we came home and we had her work on pulling it out (it was very loose) and about an hour later it was out (thanks to me). The tooth fairy came once again and left her a dollar, or as Brooke calls it "paper money." We spend the evening watching old home movies of Brooke when she was a baby and I could not help but ball my head off. I can't believe my sweet little baby girl is almost a first grader!!! Before bed Brooke was admiring her new smile in her bathroom mirror, I walk in and she said said "Mom I totally look like a first grader now." I LOVE that girl of mine. Her comment sent a pain through my heart because yes my dear you do look like a first grader now. I quickly set out on a mission on Tuesday, I completely redecorated her room...like everything. I had planned it all out the day before and she was so surprised when she came home from school that day. I still have a few little adjustments to make and I can't wait to post pictures of it. I'm no decorator but it turned out gorgeous! I'm so excited for her!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! She's still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An emotional roller coaster that she might never forget.

    ReplyDelete