Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Vacation in CA: Pool and Park Fun!

Many of our days were spent at the local parks and my parent's community pool. It was so fun swimming everyday with the same group of neighbors. I call them Brooke's "pool friends". Last year we did the same, went swimming almost everyday at the same time and we would see the same group of kids and parents. My sweet little outgoing Brooke became fast friends with these girls and boys roughly the same age. It was SO neat to come back a year later and see yet again the same group of children AND they even remembered Brooke! We walked right in and this sweet little girl said "I remember you from last summer!!" So a year later there were plenty more pool days with our pool friends. Brooke is a great swimmer and this year I was able to teach Brody and by the end of the first week he was doing amazing! My hope is by next summer he will be a very confident swimmer and I can enjoy the pool poolside soaking up the sun...in moderation of course. We also spent many nights at the park, I took the picture above of Brody before his back to school haircut. I miss his long hair but I know in no time it will grow back. It was so peaceful to watch the kids play and sit with my parents and spend time with them. The weather was gorgeous in the evenings after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment