Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mini Kitchen Make-over




AFTER





Ta da!! I have been wanting to put hardware onto my kitchen cabinets since we moved in a little over a year ago. We've had lots of more important expenses involving our house so it had to wait. My parents, in-laws and Bryan's grandma gifted me money instead of presents for my birthday earlier in the month which was exactly what I wanted because I was able to give my kitchen this mini make-over! So Mom, Dad, Jenny, Dave and Grandma Swihart....Thank you!!! I love my new cabinets so much!!
This little make-over was so easy and in-expensive! The hardware set me back approximately $125 and the special measuring tool was about $7. So in total the mini make-over cost about $132. Not to shabby! I had 36 cabinets to purchase hardware for and I wiped out Home Depot of this particular handle.
Choosing the hardware was tough. I originally had in mind mixing knobs and pulls/handles (I don't recall what the correct word is for them). I was thinking about using knobs for the cabinet doors and pulls/handles or the drawers. So I searched online and decided that I needed to see it in person, there was no way I could decide on hardware online. So I headed out to Lowe's and Home Depot. After many trips back and forth and weeks of thinking about it I decided on the two I liked best. I bought them at Home Depot came home held both of them up to each different door and thought to myself.."What was I thinking? This is not right." Brooke was standing next to me and said "Mom I don't like the round things." Neither did I. So I held the pull/handle up to the cabinet doors and loved it. Brooke approved too. So I called my mother-in-law to ask advice since they recently remodeled their kitchen and she encouraged me to look at magazines. I was not sure if you can mix pulls/handles and knobs or if you just pick one or the other and stick with it. So after researching kitchen images I decided to stick with the pulls/handles. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have OCD tendencies so I have no idea what I was thinking mixing both knobs and pulls/handles, it most likely would have sent me in a panic mode.
Installing them was a breeze. Bryan marked the dots and handled the drill while I installed the hardware. We had an assembly line going and I loved the fact that I got to be apart of the process.
I love love LOVE my little kitchen make-over. I'm hoping next year we can install tile back splash and maybe a roman shade for my kitchen window. Home improvement projects are so fun!
Enjoy the before and after pictures!

2 comments: