Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Been Forever!

It's been forever! My poor little blog. We had the BEST holiday season. November and December just flew by way too fast. This past November Bryan and I celebrated out 10th wedding anniversary and we were able to leave the kids with my parents and spend four days in Vegas. It was a blast. We saw two Cirque Shows, (Mystere and Zarkana) as well as Jersey Boys. We also ate at a fancy pants French restaurant where the food was amazing. I felt like royalty with the service there, I kept thinking this is what it must feel like to be Kate Middleton. Anyways we stayed at the hotel Vdara and it was fantastic. We both had so much fun. We ate fantastic food and enjoyed our time together without the kids. Thanksgiving was fun as well. We were able to spend it at home in California and we were able to see and spend it with our families. Upon arriving home our house was already decked out with Christmas decorations (I did it before we left)and we had a little visitor join our family for the holiday season. I decided to join in on the fun and purchase our very own Elf On The Shelf. The kids thought it was the most magical thing ever. I honestly don't know who had more fun with it, myself or the kids. I cannot wait to start the magic again next Christmas. We miss you Jingle! We had our fun trip to Williams Arizona, home of the Grand Canyon, and we boarded the The Polar Express! It was cold up there, but so much fun. The look on Brody's face was priceless. He kept on saying "I beleive, I believe!" He was star struck when he met Santa. It was a perfect little trip. Now onto Christmas...it was the best Christmas ever. The kids loved every minute of it, as did I. Brody was thrilled with his scooter and Brooke was in awe of her pink electric guitar as well as all of the other fun things Santa Claus brought them. Bryan bought me a beautiful watch that he secretly found pinned on my "my style" pinterest board. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. the day after Christmas we packed up and headed to California to spend time with our families.We were all very spoiled there as well. We are so blessed! We had so much fun ringing in the new year over there too. January has been tough, we've had a lot of sickness running through our house but now we seem to be doing better and getting back into the swing of things. Brooke turns 7 on the 7th and I turn the big 3-0 in just a few days. I can't seem to wrap my head around that one. I feel somewhat caught up now and I hope to do better about keeping up with my blog since we have some fun events coming up! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your had such a fun season! I'm happy you're happy. And welcome to 30 ... Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did a blog marathon one day to catch up on everything. I have a hard time finding time to blog lately. Welcome to the 30's too. I hope you have a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! You've been busy doing a lot of fun stuff! I love the Elf on the Shelf! The pictures are great. Don't worry about turning 30. I heard 30's are the new 20's! ;-)

    ReplyDelete