Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yes I've Been MIA

Today I talked to my mom and my dad was in the back round proclaiming..."Why is your blog not updated!?" I had no idea he even reads it from time to time and noticed that it's been well over a month since my last post. When I started blogging well over a year ago I promised I'd do my best to update it as often as I could especially living so far from family..at least a few times a month, but alas life happens. September came and went and I have no idea where it went. I was sick for about half of it and busy with volunteering at Brooke's school, soccer and a new calling at church. While this past month has been busy it's been such fun as well. Brooke is thriving at school, she loves it and I see her progressing and growing everyday. It brings me such joy to see her so happy. Brody has turned into a chatterbox and is thriving in his own way....terrible twos need I say more? It has it's challenges but I enjoy those sweet moments, he still hangs on my leg from time to time conveniently when I'm cooking or need to use the bathroom, and I love those random kisses and those chunky, sticky arms wrapped around my neck as I carry him up the stairs for his afternoon nap (literally it's both of our favorite time of the day).
I never had the opportunity to experience much of the Young Women's Program at church. I was 17 when I converted to the LDS church and had maybe 8-9 months of it before graduating High School. Imagine my shock when I was called to serve in Young Women's as a Laurel Advisor. I had my fears, mostly I didn't think I was qualified enough for it, I'm not even sure if qualified is even the right word.
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I've grown in the last 6 weeks. I've learned so much and have gained such a love for the Young Women's Program that I'm even more excited than I ever was before for Brooke to be able to experience what I never had the opportunity to. I'm really excited to see what challenges and opportunities for growth this calling will bring me over the course of however long I will be serving in it.
So my plate may not be as full as others but I'm hoping that I can do my best to post here and there..at least once a month especially as we head into the busiest three months of the year. Dad if you are reading this, it's now updated for you and I love and miss you and mom very much! Enjoy the new posts below!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are doing well! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear Brooke is doing so well at school, I knew she would! And Brody is doing good as well, miss them!! Terrible twos, Caitlyn has already started!!!!! No teeth yet in site, please pray they come in soon, I need back up!!! lol Going to her 18 month chek up soon and I am asking the peditrican what is up!! lv ya xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Laurels are so lucky to have you!!! Glad to hear you are all doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete