Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You Need An Exterminator!










"You need an exterminator!" Those were the exact words of a lovely older couple that walked by our home last night. It took me three days to decorate our home for Halloween. Three days of figuring out that crazy spider-web stuff, climbing up and down our ladder (not realizing how tall our house really is) and making spiders. I had a Halloween decorating budget and totally blew it at the very beginning of the month on those super adorable Halloween yard stakes. I could not resist. Lucky for me that spider web stuff is super cheap and 10 bags went a long way. Brooke and I really wanted to get those giant outdoor spiders but because I blew our budget we could not get them this year...so I went to Hobby Lobby this morning and 10 bucks later, two bags of foam balls, a bag of black pipe cleaners, and a can of spray paint and voila! We now have giant black spiders! I can't wait for Brooke to be surprised when I pick her up from school this afternoon. I saved some for her to choose where they go on the house.
I love, love, love the holidays and even more so now to be a homeowner and have the opportunity to decorate the outside of a house that is ours. Yay! Enjoy the pics below and don't mind our poor little dead tree in the front, it's being replaced soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love the decorations! You are so talented and creative!
    Glad little Brookie is all better from that nasty bug!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How creative! I think it looks completely awesome and your hard work definitely shows. Love your house- it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are enjoying your home and decorating for Halloween. The kids will remember this and get excited about Halloween every year because they will have these memories.

    ReplyDelete