Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas in CA

Most of you know that the week we spent in with you was full of fun and lots of family time. I was under the weather most of it and I'm realizing it now that I have zero pictures of the time we spent together other than what is below and I feel so incredibly terrible about it.
I wanted to thank Oma and Opa, my sister and friends for spoiling us rotten especially the kids this Christmas. It was so much fun just to sit and spend time with you all. Mom I can't tell you thank you enough for babysitting the kids so I could go out and visit with my friends whom I miss dearly. It was a week full of fun and I wish I could do it all over again and again. Thank you Oma and Opa for all of our Chritmas goodies. Brody held on to his helicopter most of the drive home and Brooke won't take off her Ariel nightgown and slippers.
Grandma Jenny and Grandpa Dave thank you so much for everything. Brody is in heaven with all of his Thomas the Train stuff and Brooke loves all of her fun Princess and Pet Shop things.
I could not believe how packed our van was, we had to fold our third row down just to fit everything and our luggage.
This Christmas was different than others. It was weird for me to not be there and miss out on things I have never missed in my 28 years. It was weird for me not to dedicate a whole day of Christmas to my parents (Christmas Eve) and dedicate a whole day to Bryan's parents (Christmas Day). I'm not a fan of change, those of you who know me best know this all too well. It was nice to spend Christmas just the four of us but I did miss our usual routine.
I'm so gratful to have two loving families and I have to admit I was overwhelmed with everything we were gifted with this Christmas from family to friends and Bryan's work. We are beyond blessed in so many ways. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment