Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Playroom Progress & Stuff..




So far January has been a pretty boring month but that's ok! I'd rather it be quiet and boring than what went on last January. I've been doing pretty great with my New Year's Resolutions too. I've started making progress on the playroom which makes me very happy and excited. I made a big purchase but after weighing in the pros and cons of doing so it was necessary and even though Bryan was not too hot on the idea I would say he's even more excited about it than I am. I'm trying to turn our awkward loft into a playroom and I say awkward because really there is only one wall that can be utilized for storage and it's not that big. The only other wall has a giant arch cut out. So I went with the Cameron wall systems from Pottery Barn Kids. Yes I know what you are thinking...dollar signs I was too. I was however able to snatch it up during their storage event and purchase it as a bundle so I was able to save 20 percent on my purchase and I was able to ask for it to be shipped to my local Pottery Barn Kids so I was able to save on shipping and delivery charges. Yay! I ordered my wall system close to three weeks ago and I was told that my pieces would not arrive until mid February.......what!? I got a call Saturday that all but one piece came in and I was welcome to come and pick them up. I'm so glad I did because I would not have been able to squeeze that last piece (that is stuck back east) into my van anyways along with my 5 other boxes. Bryan and I spent Sunday night putting them all together and so far so good!! Bryan keeps asking if I've heard from the store yet about my last piece, I think he's as anxious and excited as I am. This coming Saturday Bryan is going to mount the kids' t.v. onto the wall and I've already listed my previous stand (the one pictured) on craigslist. No bites yet. It's going to take some time and money to organize, accessorize and finish the playroom and I'm good with that. I'll try to be good about posting the progress I've made but I'm in no big rush.
Really there is not much going on. Brooke is super excited about her birthday party in just a few short weeks and I'm excited for her too. I turn 29 next month and that's kinda hard to swallow but I have every intention on making the last year in my twenties memorable and most importantly fun.
Enjoy the pictures of my progress so far and of my two cute sleeping boys.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I'm right there with you about making the best of our last year in our 20's! I just had my birthday two weeks ago and David was giving me a hard time of turning 29.

    ReplyDelete