Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Playroom Progress...



So... Yay! My last and final piece came in (it only took forever) and I'm thrilled. We attempted to mount the t.v. onto the wall last Saturday and well we had the wrong wall mount. I guess our beams are further apart than we had anticipated. Bryan was able to find a different wall mount online and we ordered it and hopefully it comes in soon. Like I had mentioned before this playroom will be in the works for quite some time but it's so nice to have the big purchase done. We still need to push the piece back more and bolt the pieces together. There is so much to be done everywhere in this awkward loft area but I can pretty it up with all the fun stuff I have in mind overtime but for now I'm loving the progress and so is Bryan which makes me happy. I feel bad being pre-occupied with this room and not paying much attention to Brody's. He still LOVES his crib and all of the fun car stuff I bought for his room is still sitting in his closet until he makes the adjustment to his big boy bed. The other day I found him in Brooke's bed pretending to sleep under the covers and I asked him if he wants to try to sleep in his big boy bed tonight and he replied quickly with a "No Mama! I want my cwib!" (crib) So I guess we wait until he is ready.
I took my sweet girl last week to her six month dental check. No cavities again! Yay! I really feel so blessed and lucky that I have not had to deal with any sort of dental cavities or fixes thus far. Brooke does such a fabulous job of maintaining her great dental hygiene...Brody is...working on his and I'm planning on taking him for his first appointment this coming summer. That should be an interesting experience. Brooke makes everything so easy. I literally got to sit in the waiting room and read a magazine and enjoy a nice break while she had her teeth cleaned, had x-rays done and examined. How awesome is that? I remember before I had Brooke. I worked as a dental assistant and I would CRINGE if I saw we had a 5 year old or any child under the age of 10 on the schedule. I would quickly think of how I could manage my 10 minute break or lunch hour during that time so I could prevent assisting and getting my fingers bitten off or thrown up on due to freak hysteria of being at the dentist. Call it mother's intuition or whatever but I fear I will not be as lucky with Brody.
I treated Brooke to some well deserved gelato at Frost ( the greatest Gelato place EVER ) and she indulged in her treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment