Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mama's New Toy


I've never had luck with blenders. I think it's because I've never splurged on a REALLY good one. I've bought a few (more like four) in the last 9 years and my guess is they probably were all under $19.99 and were impulse buys at Wal-Mart with the intention of making healthy smoothies for breakfast or something. They were a PAIN in the rear to clean and were probably used once or twice and didn't make the cut in our 8 moves. Our last one (I had just purchased in Utah) didn't survive our flood and I never got around to replacing it when we moved to Arizona almost a year ago.
I was after Christmas browsing Macy's and I saw this gem and it was love at first sight. I REALLY wanted it. I went home and thought about it and decided to go for it. Why not? BEST DECISION EVER....This blender is like the BMW of blenders in my book (I'm sure there are even more fancier better ones out there but in my ok to splurge a little price range this one is the BMW of blenders).
So far I have used this blender at least 3x a week in the last 3 weeks I've had it. It's a breeze to clean. I've been pinning away smoothie recipes ( and a really yummy sounding potato soup recipe) on Pinterest and so far the ones I've tried have been really yummy. The kids have been enjoying the benifits from their mama's new toy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment